Skip to content
Curtin University
Fees @ Curtin


HECS-HELP is a loan available to eligible students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place.

If you receive a HECS-HELP loan, the Australian Government pays the loan amount directly to Curtin University on your behalf and a HECS-HELP debt is recorded for you with the Australian Taxation Office, against your Tax File Number.

This does not cover your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), please see SA-HELP.

Am I eligible for HECS-HELP?

To be eligible for a HECS-HELP loan you must:

Note: Permanent non – humanitarian visa holders are NOT eligible for HECS Help Assistance.

Back to top

How do I apply for a HECS-HELP?

To apply for HECS-HELP, you need to complete an eCAF. During the application process, you must decide whether you will:

Please note, when completing your eCAF and applying for HECS-HELP, you will need to supply your Tax File Number (TFN).

If you do not have a TFN, you must apply for one through the ATO prior to enrolling in units.

Your TFN or Certificate of application for a Tax File Number, which you can request from the ATO, must be provided prior to your study period due date. Failure to provide these documents by the census date of your study period will result in cancellation of your enrolment.

For further information on HECS-HELP, please see the Study Assist website.

Back to top

Need to know how much your tuition fees will be?

confused 3D figure holding up a calculator

Try the Fees Calculator!