Skip to content
Curtin University
Fees @ Curtin

eCAF information

This page has all you need to know about the eCAF (electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form).

What is an eCAF?

eCAF stands for electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form and is an electronic version of the Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form.

Who should complete an eCAF?

This form is for domestic students who have been offered a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) and intend to enrol in a course

All students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place are required to submit an eCAF to accept their place in their chosen course. You must submit an eCAF even if you wish to pay your fees up front or are not currently in in possession of a Tax File Number (TFN).

Please be advised, eligible students who choose to defer their fees must include their Tax File Number (TFN) on their eCAF. If you do not have a TFN, or have applied for a TFN and are still waiting to receive it, please ensure you follow the instructions provided here.

Please note, New Zealand citizens and holders of Permanent Resident visas are not required to supply a TFN.
A small number of postgraduate courses offer Commonwealth Supported Places, which are eligible for HECS-HELP. If you have been offered a CSP in a postgraduate course, you are required to submit an eCAF prior to enrolment.

Back to top

How do I complete an eCAF?

Please ensure you have accepted your offer prior to completing your eCAF.

Once your offer has been accepted, log into OASIS to complete your eCAF. If you need help to complete your eCAF, there is a short demonstration video available in the demonstration section of the help.

If you are unable to submit an eCAF (e.g., if you cannot provide a TFN or if you do not have access to OASIS), complete the paper version of the Request for Commonwealth Assistance and HECS-HELP.

If you would like more information about Commonwealth Assistance and HECS-HELP, please see the Study Assist website.

Back to top

Which eCAF should I complete?

Liability Category
Recommended Assistance Form
Fee Type
Commonwealth Supported Tuition Fees
Study expenses
Domestic Fee paying Tuition Fees
Contribution Exempt Tuition Fees
Research Term Scheme (RTS) SSAF
Fee Exempt SSAF

Need to know how much your tuition fees will be?

confused 3D figure holding up a calculator

Try the Fees Calculator!