Skip to content
Curtin University
Fees @ Curtin

Fee payment assistance

Eligible domestic students are able to access Australian government HELP schemes, including:

International Students are required to make full upfront payment of their tuition fees by the due date of the study period. Students who fail to pay their tuition fees by the due date risk having their enrolment cancelled.

What can I do, if I can't make the payment by the due date?

If you have not paid your tuition fees in full by the due date, you will receive an Official Communication via Oasis after the due date has passed, notifying you of the University’s intention to cancel your enrolment.

If you are an International student experiencing extenuating circumstances of an unforeseen nature that affect your ability to pay your tuition fees by the due date of the study period, you will be given the opportunity to submit an appeal against the cancellation of your enrolment. Further information will be provided via your Official Communication Channel.

Back to top

Can I make a partial payment by the due date?

If you are able to make any partial payments towards your tuition, you are encouraged to do so, however, please note:

If your enrolment is cancelled due to non-payment of tuition fees you may not be eligible for a refund.

Please see the International Student Refund Agreement for further information.

Back to top

What are extenuating circumstances?

The situations where a payment appeal may be considered include, but are not limited to:

  • Financial hardship caused by natural disaster,
  • Death or illness of a close relative,
  • Medical reasons

Back to top

Eligible New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holders who meet the requisite criteria will be able to access Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) loans.

It is important to note that not all New Zealand citizens, or holders of a Special Category Visa (SCV) are automatically entitled to access HELP loans. Please refer to the required eligibility criteria below.

For further information, please visit the StudyAssist website.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible, you will have:

  • to be a New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category Visa (SCV); and
  • first entered Australia as a dependent minor aged under 18 years; and
  • been residing in Australia for the previous 10 years (and you have been present in Australia for at least eight out of those 10 years) at the time of application for the loan; and
  • been residing in Australia for the past 18 months out of the last 2 years at the time of application for the loan; and
  • to meet the other eligibility criteria for a HELP loan under the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA).

What documents am I required to provide the University to prove my eligibility?

How to apply:

  1. Login to OASIS
  2. Login to eStudent via the 'My Studies' tab
  3. Navigate to the 'My eCAFs' tab and click Create new eCAF
  4. Enter your Date of Birth and Gender
  5. Scroll down to Question 7C
  6. Tick Yes for all 3 questions
  7. Click on the Documentary Evidence check box
  8. Attach supporting documentation (Please note: Allowable file formats are .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, .jpg and .bmp)
  9. Complete the remainder of the form
  10. Submit your eCAF

Important information

New Zealand citizens who gain permanent residency (PR) in Australia would lose their SCV status.

That is, if you lose your SCV status for any reason, you would become ineligible for HELP for all units of study with census dates after the date your SCV status is lost.

For further information, please visit StudyAssist website.

Need to know how much your tuition fees will be?

confused 3D figure holding up a calculator

Try the Fees Calculator!